(10) Kincaid DW, Adair EC, Joung DJ, Stockwell JD, & Schroth AW. In press. Ice cover drives water column nitrate depletion in two shallow eutrophic lakes. Biogeochemistry Letters.
(9) Shanley JB, Wemple BC, Hastings B, & Kincaid DW. In press. Hydrology on high: Assessing the effect of a ski resort at the Mount Mansfield paired catchment study in Vermont USA. Hydrological Processes. DOI
(8) Kincaid DW, Beck WS, Brandt JE, Brisbin MM, Farrell KJ, Hondula KL, Larson EI, & Shogren AJ. 2021. Wikipedia can help resolve information inequality in the aquatic sciences. Limnology & Oceanography Letters 6: 18–23. DOI [PDF]
(7) Kincaid DW, Seybold E, Adair EC, Bowden WB, Perdrial JN, Vaughn MCH, & Schroth AW. 2020. Land use and season influence event-scale nitrate and soluble reactive phosphorus exports and export stoichiometry from headwater catchments. Water Resources Research 56: e2020WR027361 DOI [PDF]
(4) Stachelek J, Ford C, Kincaid D, King K, Miller H, & Nagelkirk R. 2018. The National Eutrophication Survey: lake characteristics and historical nutrient concentrations. Earth Syst. Sci. Data 10: 81–86. DOI [Request PDF]
(3) Rosi-Marshall EJ, Kincaid DW, Bechtold HA, Royer TV, Rojas M, & Kelly JJ. 2013. Pharmaceuticals suppress algal growth and microbial respiration and alter bacterial communities in stream biofilms. Ecological Applications 23: 583–593. DOI [Request PDF]
(2) Rosi-Marshall EJ, Kennedy TA, Kincaid DW, Cross WF, Kelly HAW, Behn KA, White T, Hall Jr RO, & Baxter CV. 2010. Short-term effects of the 2008 high-flow experiment on macroinvertebrates in the Colorado River below Glen Canyon Dam, Arizona. U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2010-1031: 1-28. URL [Request PDF]
In Revision, Review, or Preparation
Kincaid DW & Phanikumar MS (co-first authors), Briggs MA, Zarnetske JP, & Hamilton SK. Buoyancy-induced flow drives exchange between flocculent sediment and overlying water in shallow freshwaters. In review at Water Resources Research.
Aoki R, Brisbin MM, Hounshell AG, Kincaid DW, Larson E, Sansom BJ, Shogren AJ, Smith RS, Sullivan-Stack J. Preparing aquatic research for an extreme future: Call for unified definitions, tools, and approaches. In review at Bioscience.
Seybold EC, Dwivedi R, Musselman KN, Kincaid DW, Schroth AW, Perdrial JN, Classen AT, Adair EC. Changing winter dynamics pose threat to water quality. In review at Environmental Research Letters.
Wu R, Hamshaw SD, Yang L, Kincaid DW, Etheridge R, & Ghasemkhani A. Data imputation for multivariate time series sensor data with large gaps of missing data. In review at IEEE Sensors Journal.
Halpern B . . . Kincaid DW . . . Priorities for synthesis in ecology and environmental science. Intended submission to Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment.
Hamshaw SD, Javed A, Kincaid DW, Nguyen LK, Schroth AW, & Rizzo DM. Watershed data science at the event scale: Challenges and new approaches for defining and characterizing event concentration-discharge dynamics. Invited to submit to Hydrological Processes Special Issue on Data Science Applications in Hydrology.