(15) Halpern B . . . Kincaid DW . . . Priorities for synthesis in ecology and environmental science. In press. Ecosphere.
(14) Seybold EC, Dwivedi R, Musselman KN, Kincaid DW, Schroth AW, Perdrial JN, Classen AT, & Adair EC. 2022. Winter runoff events pose an unquantified continental-scale risk of high wintertime nutrient export. Environmental Research Letters 17:104044. DOI [PDF]
(13) Gareis JAL, Larson E, Ardón M, Berges JA, Brandt JE, Busch KM, Chraibi VLS, Gallagher EN, Hondula KL, Kincaid DW, Levine T, Little CJ, Nodine ER, Rock AM, Shogren AJ, & Vanni MJ. 2022. Using Wikipedia assignments to teach critical thinking and scientific writing in STEM courses. Frontiers in Education 7:905777. DOI [PDF]
(12) Wu R, Hamshaw SD, Yang L, Kincaid DW, Etheridge R, & Ghasemkhani A. 2022. Data imputation for multivariate time series sensor data with large gaps of missing data. IEEE Sensors Journal 22: 10671–10683. DOI [Request PDF]
(11) Aoki R, Brisbin MM, Hounshell AG, Kincaid DW, Larson E, Sansom BJ, Shogren AJ, Smith RS, Sullivan-Stack J. 2022. Preparing aquatic research for an extreme future: Call for unified definitions, tools, and approaches. Bioscience 72: 508-520. DOI [PDF]
(10) Kincaid DW, Adair EC, Joung DJ, Stockwell JD, & Schroth AW. 2022. Ice cover drives water column nitrate depletion in two shallow eutrophic lakes. Biogeochemistry Letters 157: 15-29. DOI [Request PDF]
(9) Shanley JB, Wemple BC, Hastings B, & Kincaid DW. 2021. Hydrology on high: Assessing the effect of a ski resort at the Mount Mansfield paired catchment study in Vermont USA. Hydrological Processes 35: e14378. DOI [PDF]
(8) Kincaid DW, Beck WS, Brandt JE, Brisbin MM, Farrell KJ, Hondula KL, Larson EI, & Shogren AJ. 2021. Wikipedia can help resolve information inequality in the aquatic sciences. Limnology & Oceanography Letters 6: 18–23. DOI [PDF]
(7) Kincaid DW, Seybold E, Adair EC, Bowden WB, Perdrial JN, Vaughn MCH, & Schroth AW. 2020. Land use and season influence event-scale nitrate and soluble reactive phosphorus exports and export stoichiometry from headwater catchments. Water Resources Research 56: e2020WR027361 DOI [PDF]
- Recipient of the 2020 Water Resources Research Editors' Choice Award
(4) Stachelek J, Ford C, Kincaid D, King K, Miller H, & Nagelkirk R. 2018. The National Eutrophication Survey: lake characteristics and historical nutrient concentrations. Earth Syst. Sci. Data 10: 81–86. DOI [Request PDF]
(3) Rosi-Marshall EJ, Kincaid DW, Bechtold HA, Royer TV, Rojas M, & Kelly JJ. 2013. Pharmaceuticals suppress algal growth and microbial respiration and alter bacterial communities in stream biofilms. Ecological Applications 23: 583–593. DOI [Request PDF]
(2) Rosi-Marshall EJ, Kennedy TA, Kincaid DW, Cross WF, Kelly HAW, Behn KA, White T, Hall Jr RO, & Baxter CV. 2010. Short-term effects of the 2008 high-flow experiment on macroinvertebrates in the Colorado River below Glen Canyon Dam, Arizona. U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2010-1031: 1-28. URL [Request PDF]
In Revision, Review, or Preparation
Perdrial JN, Kincaid DW, Wheaton D, Walls L, Blouin M, Chorover J, Seybold EC, & Stewart B. Why we need equity, diversity, community and belonging work as a basis for cutting edge Critical Zone science and education. In revision at Earth’s Future.
Kincaid DW, Underwood KL, Hamshaw SD, Li L, Rizzo DM, Seybold EC, Stewart B, ul Haq I, Perdrial JN. Leveraging catchment attributes to explain patterns of solute concentration-discharge relationships across the contiguous United States. Intended submission to the special issue on “The Future of Critical Zone Science: Towards Shared Goals, Tools, Approaches and Philosophy” via Water Resources Research.
Kincaid DW & Phanikumar MS (co-first authors), Briggs MA, Zarnetske JP, & Hamilton SK. Buoyancy- induced flow drives exchange between flocculent sediment and overlying water in a small pond. Intended submission to Water Resources Research.
Blaszczak J, Speir S, Fazekas H, Kincaid DW, Rose L, Shogren A, Webster A & Wymore A. Nested temporal dynamics of watershed concentration-discharge relationships. Invited review article at WIREs Water.
Fazekas H, Kincaid DW, Larsen W, Murray D, Shogren A, Underwood K, Webster A, & Wymore A. Revisiting the origins of power-law analyses for the assessment of concentration-discharge relationships. Intended submission to Water Resources Research.
Zhong R, Kincaid DW, Hamshaw S, Bruesewitz D, Adair E, & Schroth A. Land use impacts solute and turbidity synchronous export frequency and export behavior from headwater catchments. Intended submission to Biogeochemistry.